Interior design inspiration comes from many sources: art, nature, and certainly travel all inspire many aspects of interior design. I have been lucky enough to travel to San Francisco several times in the last few years. It is a beautiful city! San Francisco has the most beautiful natural light, when it’s not foggy, that is. The vibe is laid back, and simple. The interiors reflect this energy and invite you to slow down a bit. This concept is something I try to incorporate in my interior design always.
A friend of mine is traveling to San Francisco next month for the first time. She asked me what my favorite things to do were. I gave it some thought and narrowed it down to these top ten.
1. The Ciff House – for brunch and great ocean view.
2. Top of the Mark – for dancing and great city view.
3. Tosca for drinks.
4. Tonga Room for laughs.
5. Friday nights at the deYoung Art Museum for great music and art.
6. Conservatory of Flowers for flowers and butterflies.
7. Japanese Tea Garden for tea.
8. Ferry Plaza for farmers market and shopping.
9. Slanted Door for dinner.
10. Sonoma for wine.
Well technically Sonoma is not part of San Francisco, but it’s too close to miss.
If you happen to be in San Francisco soon, I hope you like it as much as I do.